Monday, May 24, 2010

A Poem by a Friend of Mine! Bob Lanphar...

i wear my Heart on my Sleeve

Sensitive to the slightest attack

Attempting to penetrate my shields

I thrived… this protection

A Star War’s early warning system

I wasn’t always like this

Perhaps during my first four years

Ran headlong into opportunity…

At times receiving loving reception

At times receiving a push away

  With a stinging comment such as:

“Oh you are so overly trustful.

  You really need to be more

  Weary of the world.”

Most times an ambivalent, distancing

  Look of fear.

It was so easy to withdraw

Into my slimy protective shell

Still, the stillness, the loneliness

Perhaps an agreeable relationship was

Passed.

I started by extending part of my mouth

To taste the eluding pheromones

This would tag the winner opportunities

And the ones to definitely avoid.

Still there were too many unspecified

Resulting in retirement

In a record breaking 0.006 seconds.

It took some coaxing

It took some years

To place that most sensitive of

My organs on my sleeve

Exposed to all forms of

Abuse and connection.

It was only my heart…

It had learned to weather the scars

Always open to new potential.

It was only my heart…

The barbs and signs of indifference

Resonating, calling me out of

My indifference

To start a dialog.

Exposure is the finest suave

  To educate a worldly scared heart.

Now,

I wear my heart upon my sleeve

To experience all opportunities

For growth in the Spirit

Never, never forgetting who I am

Who You are

My community.

Robert Lanphar

F: Places // ISE_17

22 May 2010

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5139 (20100523) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Posted via email from Duane's Proposterous Posterous

No comments: