Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bill Maher is Upset... Over Taxes

Bill Maher is Upset... Over Taxes?

You know things are bad when even the liberalist of the liberals starts complaining. Bill Maher, who has made news not only for his off-color attacks on conservatives but also his million-dollar contribution to Barack Obama, is in a tizzy. It turns out that California's income taxes are too high... even for him.
As reported at Newsbusters.org, during his "Real Time" show on HBO, Maher listened to far left commentator Rachel Maddow (from MSNBC) go on about taxes. Then, he added his own two cents.
Here's what Maher said:
Pointing at Virginia's former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, "You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."
"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."
So what's going on here? Isn't the whole liberal philosophy to take everything from the so-called "rich" and feed an ever-expanding government. He should be happy, right?

Posted via email from Duane's Proposterous Posterous

No comments: